Types of Outdoor Shower Heads To Consider
11/20/2021 – Blog
The type of outdoor shower head you choose will impact your outside showering experience. Taking a cooling shower during a hot day is a great way to unwind after a sweaty outdoor activity. The shower head can be an important part of this experience, and can make a quick rinse outside fun even in a cold season. Luckily, there are several types of outdoor shower heads to consider depending on your needs.
You have a lot of options when it comes to purchasing a new shower head. You may choose from basic, low-cost faucets to high-end fixtures that can really make your outdoor shower experience feel like that of a five-star beach hotel.
Types of Outdoor Shower Heads
There are many types of outdoor shower heads, which you can choose from based on your needs. It is important to consider the space available for installation and how much water pressure you need in order to find what best fits your situation. Let’s dive right into the different types.
- Fixed Shower Heads
These types of shower heads are usually installed on a wall and remain stationary. They can be found in different shapes, sizes, and finishes.
This is the most basic type of outdoor shower head that will get the job done. You can find several different finishes, including chrome or brushed nickel for a modern look.
Fixed heads are nice options to consider when searching for an outdoor shower head if you need something simple and don’t want to spend too much money on your exterior faucet.
2. Handheld Shower Head
Another popular outdoor shower head type is the handheld option, which you can easily move around for a more thorough cleanse.
You will find several options in this category depending on your needs and preferences. You may choose between different spray modes (massage or rain), adjustable heights, finishes, and materials like plastic or metal.
3. Rain Shower Heads
Rain shower heads are perfect for outdoor showers that require more pressure than your average faucet can handle. It is an elegant feature that will make bathing outdoors feel like a luxurious experience.
This type of outdoor shower head provides the highest water flow, and they come in different finishes like bronze or stainless steel to suit any taste. You may even be able to match it with your interior fixtures.
Rain shower heads are ideal for larger outdoor showers that need more water pressure or heat than a regular fixed head can provide. They also look great and will make you feel like you’re in an exotic resort every time you step outside.
Factors To Consider
1. Install Location: Do you have enough space? Does your exterior wall feel strong and secure enough for a new fixture? If not, find another spot on the house that will work better.
2. Ease of use: Consider how easy it is to use the shower head you choose. You may want a handheld option, or perhaps one that comes with multiple spray settings for different preferences and needs.
3. Material: Outdoor shower heads come in a variety of materials like metal or plastic to match your exterior fixtures. It is important to choose one that will last and resist the weather conditions outside, such as rusting from humidity.
4. Water Flow: Do you have a pressure problem? If so, consider opting for a rain outdoor shower head that will provide ample water flow to get your skin feeling refreshed after an intense workout.
5. Price: Consider the price of your new shower head. You don’t want to spend too much on something that you may end up replacing in a few years if it’s not suitable for outdoor use.
6. Water Use: Outdoor showers are usually used during the summer season when it’s hot outside. Make sure to choose a shower head that won’t increase your water bill drastically or waste too much water.
7. Ease of Installation: You don’t want to spend more time on your new shower head than necessary. Make sure it’s easy to install and you can do it yourself at home, or get help from a professional if needed.
There are several types of outdoor shower heads to consider when planning your new exterior fixture. It is important to find one that fits the space you have available, suits your tastes and preferences, has adequate water flow or pressure for your needs, and won’t cost too much money.